Deciding when to put your child into school is an personal and important decision every parent must make. Many kids start preschool as early as 2 and 3 years of age. Florida was one of the first states to offer free prekindergarten for all children who live in the state and who are four years old on or before September 1st. The goal of this program is to help foster a strong foundation for school using educational materials that are geared to younger children early in their development.
But how much of an impact does preschool have on a child’s education success? Well according to studies done here in the US, the benefits are enormous. The benefits aren’t just academic. Getting your child involved in early education helps them build social skills and learn how to work together in solving problems and challenges. Check out this great infographic from Education News below to see more of the benefits of preschool.
These Preschool Stats Speak for Themselves:
- Fewer than half of US Kids go to preschool.
- Kids who attend preschool are 20% more likely to graduate high school.
- 23% of preschool grads also graduated from a 4-year College. Compare that with only 6% of those who didn’t go to preschool.
- Grown-up preschoolers earn on average 50% more than their non-preschool counter parts.
- Girls who went to preschool are 50% more likely to have a saving account.
- Every $1 invested in preschool saves tax payers $13 in future costs.
It pays to invest in your child’s early education. To learn more about the Florida VPK program click here. If you live in the Melbourne FL or South Brevard County area, come stop by our preschool any day to learn more!